Compatible with these machines
Using a powerful disk chipping action, the chipper attachment continuously chips materials – up to 5-in. in diameter – such as trees, limbs, branches, and saplings. The chipper attachment is ideal for tree removal, pruning services, municipalities, parks and recreation, rentals, and personal property maintenance.
Unlike pull-type chippers, the Bobcat® chipper attachment can perform chipping jobs virtually anywhere! The compact design of the chipper attachment can tackle tough terrain. And it operates in any environment where a loader can travel, allowing wood chipping right on site rather than having to haul wood somewhere else to chip.
- Grind branches, trees and other debris
How It Works
A hydraulic power feed allows the feed roller to move branches into the chipper at a constant speed. The chipper attachment breaks brush into small chips and discharges the chips through the discharge chute, which can be rotated 360-degrees for maximum angle positioning. Also, the discharged small chips decompose faster than branches or large chips.
The 5A chipper features a 5-in. feeder opening and chips material up to 3 in. in diameter. The 8B chipper offers even more versatility, with a 9-in. feeder that chips materials up to 5 in. in diameter.
- Adjustable Deflector: Located on the discharge chute, the adjustable deflector reduces the distance chips are thrown from the attachment and deflects the chips into a desired work area, allowing for more control over discharged materials.
- Chipper Discharge Chute: Rotates 360-degrees, providing maximum angle position for discharging materials without having to reposition the chipper attachment. Adjustable deflector also helps direct chips in the desired direction.
- Chipper Disk: Made from 1.25 in. steel, the chipper disk provides heavy-duty strength when cutting heavy material, allowing the chipper attachment to maintain momentum while cutting.
- Dual Mounting Locations: Allow the intake housing to be mounted to either the front or right side of the machine, allowing the chipper attachment to accommodate different applications.
- Four Tool-Steel Blades: Positioned at different angles, the four blades provide optimum cutting performance while the tool-steel extends blade life. Blades are also reversible for twice the life between sharpening, decreasing maintenance time and maximizing productivity.
- Hydraulic Power Feed: Directs branches into the chipper attachment. The operator only needs to get the branches started, meaning overall reduced operator fatigue.
- Variable Speed Roller: Gives the operator the ability to set the initial feeding speed as well as distribute power between the feed roller and grinding wheel, providing maximum operator control.
- Remote Attachment Control (RAC) Kit: Operator can start the loader from the ground without entering or exiting the loader. Eliminates the need for a second operator in the loader.
|5A Chipper||8B Chipper|
|Operating Weight||1145 lbs||1660 lbs|
|Length||102 in||102.1 in|
|Width||48 in||61 in|
|Height||92 in||93.3 in|
|Blades||4 reversible tool steel blades||4 reversible tool steel blades|
|Continuous Chipping Size||Up to 3" diameter material||Up to 5" diameter material|
|Discharge Chute (Incl. End Deflector)||Rotates 360 degrees||Rotates 360 degrees|
|Discharge Chute Height||92 in||93.3 in|
|Dual Mounting Locations||Front or right side of loader||Front or right side of loader|
|Feed Table Height||23.5 in||25.4 in|
|Feeder opening||5 in||9.2 in|
|5A Chipper||8B Chipper|
|All-Wheel Steer Loaders||A770 - T4 A770 - iT4||A770 - T4 A770 - iT4|
|Compact Track Loaders||T450 T4 T550 T4 T590 T4 T630 T4 T650 T4 T750 T4 T750 iT4 T770 T4 T770 iT4 T870 T4 T870 iT4||T550 T4 T590 T4 T630 T4 T650 T4 T750 T4 T750 iT4 T770 T4 T770 iT4 T870 T4 T870 iT4|
|Skid-Steer Loaders||S130 S175 S450 T4 S510 T4 S530 T4 S550 T4 S570 T4 S590 T4 S630 T4 S650 T4 S750 - iT4 S750 T4 S770 - T4 S770 - iT4 S850 - T4 S850 - iT4||S550 T4 S570 T4 S590 T4 S630 T4 S650 T4 S750 - iT4 S750 T4 S770 - T4 S770 - iT4 S850 - T4 S850 - iT4|
|Utility Work Machine||Toolcat 5600 G-Series Toolcat 5610 G-Series||Toolcat 5600 G-Series Toolcat 5610 G-Series|