(WEST FARGO, N.D. — November 2016) Bobcat Company has continued its “Doosan Discovery Grant” initiative by awarding 17 grants totaling $9,000 to North Dakota and Minnesota middle and high-school classrooms for projects focusing on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The “Doosan Discovery Grant,” which is named for Bobcat Company’s parent organization, Doosan, and sponsored by Bobcat, supports educational enrichment and classroom development in STEM areas. Accredited elementary, middle and high schools in North Dakota and Minnesota — located where Bobcat has offices or production facilities — were encouraged to apply for this year’s grant.
Schools awarded 2016 Doosan Discovery grants are:
• Ben Franklin Middle School, Fargo, North Dakota
• Centennial Elementary School, Fargo, North Dakota (received two grants for fifth- and sixth-grade classrooms)
• Cheney Middle School, Fargo, North Dakota (received two grants for sixth-grade classrooms)
• Eastwood Elementary, Fargo, North Dakota
• Independence Elementary, Fargo, North Dakota
• Liberty Middle School, West Fargo, North Dakota (received four grants for sixth- through eighth-grade classrooms)
• Light of Christ Catholic Schools, Bismarck, North Dakota
• Lisbon High School, Gwinner, North Dakota
• Southeast Region Career & Technology Center, Wahpeton, North Dakota
• Wachter Middle School, Bismarck, North Dakota
• Wahpeton Elementary, Wahpeton, North Dakota
• Wahpeton Middle School, Wahpeton, North Dakota
Schools and classrooms selected will use the grants to help with a variety of projects supporting STEM initiatives. Designing robots, utilizing breakout kits and using computer interface devices are just a few hands-on projects planned by grant recipients. Projects will be completed during the 2016-17 academic school year and will be designed to improve, advance and enrich student learning.
“Educational support – particularly of STEM-related areas – is a key focus of our community involvement efforts at Doosan and Bobcat Company,” said Rich Goldsbury, president of Bobcat Company and Doosan in North America. “We are pleased to help the communities we do business with to grow and prosper.”