Simple Steering Modes and Joystick Controls
Which controls are best for you? Bobcat® skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders, all-wheel steer loaders and mini track loaders offer control options for your jobs and preferences.
|Loader Type||Standard Controls
(Hands or Feet)
|Advanced Control System (ACS)
(Hands and Feet)
|Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC)
|Radio Remote Control System||Mini Track Loader Controls|
|Compact Track Loaders||Std.||Opt.||Opt.||Opt.*|
|All-Wheel Steer Loader||Std.||Opt.*|
|Mini Track Loaders||Std.|
*This option is only available on loaders equipped with Selectable Joystick Controls
Choose all-wheel steer mode or skid-steer mode with the flip of a dash panel switch.
All-Wheel Steer Loader Controls
All-wheel steer loaders are equipped with joystick controls including Speed Management and foot throttle.
Optional Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC): Simple Controls At Your Fingertips
It's easy to see why Bobcat Selectable Joystick controls (SJC) is becoming the most popular control choice among operators. No other joystick in the industry comes close to delivering the level of customization and control you'll find with SJC. Our system lets you control your compact track loader and attachments easily and comfortably by offering the following features:
- Effortless Controls: Whether you're maneuvering your loader, operating attachments or pushing and lifting materials, SJC helps you run your machine more comfortably and efficiently than ever.
- Speed Management: Adjust your travel speed separately from your engine speed to get the optimal setting for the attachment you're operating. Simply set the correct engine speed, then dial in your travel speed and go.
- Horsepower Management: Horsepower management automatically matches engine torque to your workload, keeping your machine operating efficiently in many conditions. Easily turn it off if you want more control.
- Drive Response: Choose from three different drive response modes to adjust how the drive responds to joystick movement. Lower drive modes respond to slower to movements while higher drive modes deliver a more immediate response.
- Steering Drift Compensation: Compensate for side-shifted attachments by adjusting the drive torque for either side of the machine. It also enables you to operate uneven surfaces without constantly adjusting your travel path.
- Selectable Control Pattern: Perfect for jobs that involve multiple operators using the same machine, SJC enables operators to alternate between ISO or H-Pattern hand controls with the flip of a switch.
- Foot Throttle: In addition to the hand throttle, operators can use their feet to adjust engine speed with the provided foot control.
- Fingertip Switches: Comfortably control many machine functions without letting go of the joysticks. Operate a planer, trencher or tree spade with ease or control the angle functions on the soil conditioner, angle broom or grader.
All-Wheel Steer "C" Pattern
The all-wheel steer mode uses a "C" control pattern. When in all-wheel steer mode, push the left joystick forward and the loader will drive forward. Pull the joystick back, and the loader will travel backwards.
To turn left while driving forward, push the joystick forward and to the left. To turn right, push forward and to the right. To turn left in reverse, pull the joystick back and to the left. To turn right in reverse, pull back and to the right.
Skid Steer "S" Pattern
The skid steer mode uses a "S" control pattern. When in skid steer mode, push the left joystick forward and the loader will drive forward. Pull the joystick back, and the loader will travel backwards. To turn left while driving forward, push the joystick forward and to the left. To turn right, push forward and to the right. To turn left in reverse, pull the joystick back and to the right. To turn right in reverse, pull back and to the left.
Radio Remote Control System: Take Control From Outside the Cab
The innovative Bobcat Loader Radio Remote Control System equips your loader to operate remotely in certain approved environments.* It enhances the capabilities of Bobcat all-wheel steer (AWS), skid-steer and compact track loaders with Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC). The system is easy to install and simple to operate. Discover how the Loader Radio Remote Control System enhances your capabilities.
*Operation of the loader with the Radio Remote Control System is NOT APPROVED for use in certain areas requiring additional safeguards against fire hazards as defined by the National Fire Protection Association Standard NFPA-505 (also ANSI B56.2) or by OSHA as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1910.178. NOTE: Loaders equipped with the Radio Remote Control System should not be used in explosive environments or in applications where extremely high temperatures could damage the machine. For approved need and use of equipment in certain hazardous applications, contact the "AUTHORITY HAVING JURISDICTION". Refer to the Operation, Maintenance and Parts Manual for more information.