More Skid-Steer Control Options
Which controls are best for you? Bobcat® skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders, all-wheel steer loaders and mini track loaders offer control options for your jobs and preferences.
|Loader Type||Standard Controls
(Hands or Feet)
|Advanced Control System (ACS)
(Hands and Feet)
|Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC)
|Radio Remote Control System||Mini Track Loader Controls|
|Compact Track Loaders||Std.||Opt.||Opt.||Opt.*|
|All-Wheel Steer Loader||Std.||Opt.*|
|Mini Track Loaders||Std.|
Standard Controls: The Original
Dual steering levers control the drive functions, while dual foot pedals control the loader lift and tilt. Bobcat invented these standard controls nearly 50 years ago, and they remain a popular choice today.
Optional Advanced Control System (ACS): Two Control Styles in One Machine
With a flip of a switch, the Advanced Control System transitions between standard controls or H-pattern hand controls. In H-Pattern mode, the left joystick manages left-side drive and lift functions, while the right joystick controls right-side drive and tilt functions as well as auxiliary hydraulics.
Optional Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC): Simple Controls At Your Fingertips
It's easy to see why Bobcat Selectable Joystick controls (SJC) is becoming the most popular control choice among operators. No other joystick in the industry comes close to delivering the level of customization and control you'll find with SJC. Our system lets you control your skid-steer loader and attachments easily and comfortably by offering the following features:
- Effortless Controls: Whether you're maneuvering your loader, operating attachments or pushing and lifting materials, SJC helps you run your machine more comfortably and efficiently than ever.
- Speed Management: Adjust your travel speed separately from your engine speed to get the optimal setting for the attachment you're operating. Simply set the correct engine speed, then dial in your travel speed and go.
- Horsepower Management: Horsepower management automatically matches engine torque to your workload, keeping your machine operating efficiently in many conditions. Easily turn it off if you want more control.
- Drive Response: Choose from three different drive response modes to adjust how the drive responds to joystick movement. Lower drive modes respond slower to movements while higher drive modes deliver a more immediate response.
- Steering Drift Compensation: Compensate for side-shifted attachments by adjusting the drive torque for either side of the machine. It also enables you to operate uneven surfaces without constantly adjusting your travel path.
- Selectable Control Pattern: Perfect for jobs that involve multiple operators using the same machine, SJC enables operators to alternate between ISO or H-Pattern hand controls with the flip of a switch.
- Foot Throttle: In addition to the hand throttle, operators can use their feet to adjust engine speed with the provided foot control.
- Fingertip Switches: Comfortably control many machine functions without letting go of the joysticks. Operate a planer, trencher or tree spade with ease or control the angle functions on the soil conditioner, angle broom or grader.
Radio Remote Control System: Take Control From Outside the Cab
The Bobcat Loader Radio Remote Control System offers you an innovative method of loader operation. The system is a simple solution to equip your loader to operate remotely in certain approved environments.* It enhances the capabilities of Bobcat all-wheel steer (AWS), skid-steer and compact track loaders with Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC).
Compared to other more complex systems, it is easy to use on any remote control-ready Bobcat loader. Simply install the receiver and the Control Mode Selector/E-Stop box to the machine using the included magnets. Then connect the harness, remove the rear window (or install the rear window external removal kit), attach the Remote Ready Identification tag and the machine is ready to be operated remotely.
Discover how the Loader Radio Remote Control System can enhance your capabilities.
*Operation of the loader with the Radio Remote Control System is NOT APPROVED for use in certain areas requiring additional safeguards against fire hazards as defined by the National Fire Protection Association Standard NFPA-505 (also ANSI B56.2) or by OSHA as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1910.178. NOTE: Loaders equipped with the Radio Remote Control System should not be used in explosive environments or in applications where extremely high temperatures could damage the machine. For approved need and use of equipment in certain hazardous applications, contact the "AUTHORITY HAVING JURISDICTION". Refer to the Operation, Maintenance and Parts Manual for more information.