Superior Skid-Steer Loader Serviceability
Bobcat® skid-steer loaders offer the easiest and fastest serviceability. Reduce operating costs and improve your bottom line through preventative maintenance that gets completed quickly.
Bobcat skid-steer loaders have the industry’s most convenient access to components.
- One-side serviceability: The swing-open tailgate and transversely-mounted engine put daily maintenance within easy reach. Check engine fluids and filters, examine the air cleaner and other components, and inspect the battery.
- Easy tip up cabs: Access hydraulic and hydrostatic components within five minutes by removing two nuts and tipping the cab. Other brands take up to an hour with special tools.
- Oil cooler and radiator: Components are easier to access and clean.
The tough, one-piece protective tailgate is constructed with solid steel. With no cooling holes, slots or other openings, you minimize time spent in the shop.
Belt Drive Advantage
More than 20 years ago, Bobcat responded to customer requests for more efficient engines and better access to service components. The solution: use belt drives commonly found in large construction equipment, trucks and automobiles. The system features a multi-groove Kevlar™ belt and different size pulleys that power the hydraulic system.
In Bobcat’s exclusive belt drive system, the hydrostatic pump turns faster than the engine. This provides several advantages over direct-drive systems:
- One-side serviceability of all routine maintenance points due to the transversely-mounted engine
- Quieter operation
- Longer service life
- Minimal maintenance with spring loaded idlers that maintain belt tension
- Three-year belt warranty (if belt needs to be replaced)
Other loaders use a plastic coupling system to transfer engine power to the hydrostatic pump. The engine runs at the same speed as the hydrostatic pump, which increases fuel consumption and increases noise.