Radius vs. Vertical Lift Path
Different jobs demand different requirements in a loader. With a diversified line up of Bobcat® loaders, you'll find a machine for practically every job. Before buying a loader, understand the difference between radius and vertical lift path.
Radius Lift Path
The radius lift path style provides greater forward reach than a vertical lift path for more than 80 percent of the lift-arm path including the greatest forward reach at mid-range heights.
- Best for dumping over a wall, backfilling or unloading flatbed trucks
Vertical Lift Path
Gives more reach at full lift height without any decrease in performance.
- Keeps the load closer to the machine
- Safely lifts more than similar radius lift path machines
- Provides plenty of power, lift and reach, making it easier to clear high-sided truck boxes and hoppers
- Ideal for placing pallets - especially those loaded with heavy materials such as brick, block or sod
- Learn more about Bobcat loaders with radius or vertical lift. Watch Lift Arm Comparison Video.