First M-Series excavator makes its debut
E32 replaces 331 compact excavator
Bobcat E32 compact excavator
A new E32 compact excavator replaces the Bobcat® 331. The Conventional Tail Swing, 3.2 metric ton machine has a standard dig depth of 10 feet 3 inches.
At first glance, the E32 appears to be a Zero Tail Swing (ZTS) excavator because of its new design. It's actually still a Conventional Tail Swing excavator; however, the overhang has been reduced significantly, without sacrificing digging or lifting capabilities.
This size of machine was selected to introduce the M-Series excavators because of its demand in the construction market segment. This size and weight is used frequently by contractors, especially in conditions where larger earthmoving equipment won't fit.
"Our research shows that customers request this size of machine more than any other in our compact excavator family," says Tom Connor, Bobcat compact excavator product specialist. "That is why we launched the new M-Series with the E32. This is just the beginning of an entire new line of compact excavators that will help Bobcat remain the industry leader in compact equipment with unmatched performance, attachment options, operator comfort and serviceability."
As detailed elsewhere in this issue, the E32 comes with many standard features, including:
- An all-new hydraulic system that delivers smooth, consistent response to all functions.
- Improved digging and lifting performance from the redesigned structure and weight distribution.
- Auto-idle function for a quieter machine and less fuel consumption.
- Easier operation and more floor space with a new boom swing fingertip control.
- Cab enhancements include new air vents, ergonomic pedals, adjustable armrests and more storage space.
"We feel that the E32 will set a new standard of excellence for Bobcat compact excavators," Connor says. "Our customers will see these product improvements carry through the rest of our excavators as we continue to roll out the next generation Bobcat M-Series compact excavators in 2009 and 2010."
- Conventional Tail Swing
- Horsepower: 33.3 hp (24,8 kW)
- Weight: 7194 lb. (3263 kg)
- Dig depth: 10 ft. 3 in. (3,1 m)
- Reach at ground level: 16 ft. 4 in. (4,9 m)
- Dump height: 11 ft. (3,3 m)
- Width (blade): 60 in. (1518 mm)
- Travel speeds (low and high): 1.6 mph (2,6 km/hr) and 2.9 mph (4,7 km/hr)
- Available with long-arm (below) or extendable-arm options
- X-Change™ attachment mounting system: standard (optional Hydraulic X-Change)
- Choose from 16 different Bobcat attachments
- Second auxiliary hydraulics: optional
- Auto idle
- Auto shift