Bobcat introduces two soil-preparation implements for tractors and Toolcat 5610
Bobcat Company is making soil preparation easier for owners of compact tractors or the Toolcat™ 5610 utility work machine with the release of the new soil conditioner and disc harrow Category 1 three-point hitch implements.
Three-point soil conditioners
Bobcat offers two three-point soil conditioners in working widths of 60 and 72 inches. The soil conditioner is a useful tool for producing a perfect bed for seed or sod, windrowing and separating rocks or other ground debris, grading and leveling topsoil, removing old sod, or pulverizing clumps of dirt.
The drum of the soil conditioner is powered by the rear PTO on the compact tractor or Toolcat 5610. Drum rotation is set for proper operation of the soil conditioner when the machine is traveling in the forward direction. Carbide-tipped teeth cultivate the ground to produce a smooth finish. Various cutting depths are available by adjusting the rear bolster wheels.
A hydraulic or manual drum angle is available on both widths of soil conditioner models, and the drum angles 15 degrees left or right. The hydraulic angle option requires the machine to be equipped with rear auxiliary hydraulics. This option provides the operator with the convenience of being able to angle the soil conditioner without having to leave the operator area.
Bobcat® soil conditioners come with removable end plates that make the implement a versatile tool. When the end plates are attached to the implement, material is contained within to sort it from the finished area or to move it from one area to another. With the end plates removed, material can be spread evenly across the work area.
Bobcat soil conditioners are approved for use on compact tractor models CT225 to CT450 and the Toolcat 5610.
Three-point disc harrows
New Bobcat three-point disc harrows can easily break up the soil surface to prepare it for new seedbeds and plantings. Four sets, or “gangs,” of five 18-inch discs cultivate the soil and chop unwanted debris, such as weeds or old crops. These gangs are adjustable to provide different cutting depths and aggressions. The discs on the two front gangs are notched to assist in better ground penetration.
The 72-inch Bobcat disc harrow is approved for use on compact tractor models CT225 to CT335 and the Toolcat 5610. The 84-inch Bobcat disc harrow is approved for use on compact tractor models CT335 to CT450.
- Two widths available: 60 inches and 72 inches.
- Drum angle is available in manual or hydraulic option.
- Removable end plates make it easier to spread material evenly.
- A rubber barrier above the drum keeps dirt clumps from passing over the drum until they are pulverized.
- A storage stand is provided for easy removal and storage.
- Approved for use on the Bobcat CT225 to CT450 compact tractor models.
- Two widths available: 72 inches and 84 inches.
- Features four sets, or “gangs,” of 18-inch diameter discs (five discs per gang).
- Gangs are adjustable to provide different aggressions and various cutting depths.
- Discs on two front gangs are notched to assist in better ground penetration.
- The 72-inch model is approved for use on Bobcat CT225 to CT335 compact tractors and the Toolcat 5610. The 84-inch model is approved for use on Bobcat CT335 to CT450 compact tractors.