Buying Tips When Shopping for a Tractor
Here are 10 important questions to keep in mind when you're looking for a new compact tractor.
- How do I intend to use the tractor on my property, and what attachments and implements will I need to purchase to maximize the tractor's versatility?
- What safety equipment and operator training resources are available?
- How easy will it be to change implements?
- How durable is the tractor, and does the tractor have a lot of plastic parts or is it made with sturdy steel components?
- What kind of transmission does it have and how many travel speeds?
- What comfort features are available?
- Does it have an adjustable suspension seat and controls that are easy to reach and operate?
- What kind of support can I expect from my dealership after the sale? This includes parts, service and rentals.
- How easy is it to maintain the tractor and get access to service points?
- What optional equipment is available, such as a canopy or cab enclosure
You can find answers to all of these questions on the tractor page. The tractor Web pages explain these features and why they're important to understand before purchasing a compact tractor.