Peanut Butter ‘n’ Chocolaty Candy Bars
Peanut Butter ‘n’ Chocolaty Candy BarsSubmitted by Mary Seiffert, Fargo, N.D.
2 10-oz. boxes of brownie mix (or a box that is 20–22 oz.)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons water
1 cup peanut butter flavored chips (or Reese’s Pieces) plus a half cup of Spanish peanuts (or other type of peanut if desired)
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup crushed salted potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs and water; mix well (mixture will be stiff). Pour / spread into the lined pan.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven. Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces or peanut butter chips & peanuts evenly over the freshly baked brownie crust. Pour the condensed milk over chips.
- Return pan to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool thoroughly.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter, mixing together well. Stir in a spoon of peanut butter too, if desired. Fold in the crushed potato chips and spread atop the cooled bars. Chill 15 to 20 minutes. Peel down the lining and cut into bars. A small size is recommended as they are super-rich!
Macaroni Carrot Salad
Macaroni Carrot SaladSubmitted by Judy Fairchild, Secor, Ill.
4 cups macaroni
2 stalks celery
¾ cup vinegar
½ cup sugar
14 oz. Eagle brand condensed milk
2 cups mayonnaise
- Cook macaroni and let cool. Finely chop carrots, onion and celery. Mix vinegar and sugar; cook and let cool.
- Mix condensed milk and mayonnaise to make the dressing.
- Mix together ingredients; add dressing and refrigerate. This makes a large batch and can be kept in the refrigerator for 6 to 7 days. Stir before serving.
Ginger SnapsSubmitted by Gina Dmyterko
In a mixing bowl:
1 cup soft butter
½ cup granulated sugar (+ another ½ cup for rolling in)
½ cup brown sugar
Mix well and while mixing, add
4 Tbsp molasses
In another bowl, blend these dry ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
3 tsp ground ginger
Now mix the dry and wet ingredients together very well and form into a large ball. Cover and refrigerate for a ½ hour. This makes it easier to roll into balls.
Roll into balls about 1½ inches, roll each ball in the other ½ cup of granulated sugar and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The cookies slide right off and there is no pan to wash!
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes.