Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa
1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
3 bell peppers, seeded and diced
1 red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients except chips. Cover and chill overnight.
2. Serve with tortilla chips.
Submitted by Stephanie Scoles, Lisbon, N.D.
1 cup Rice Chex cereal
1 cup Corn Chex cereal
1 cup sweetened flake cereal
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup banana chips
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. In large bowl, combine the cereals, raisins, banana chips, sunflower seeds and shredded coconut.
3. Melt shortening in microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Stir in honey, sugar and cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Spread onto baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pour into container with tightly fitting lid and enjoy whenever you need a break!
Submitted by Susie Kaspar, Cambridge, Minn.
Share your recipe, get a Bobcat loader cookie cutter!
Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share with other WorkSaver® readers? If so, submit your recipe(s) with a picture via email to WorkSaver@Bobcat.com or mail to WorkSaver magazine, 106 E. 6th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309. We may publish yours in an upcoming issue. For submitting a recipe, you’ll receive a complimentary Bobcat® skid-steer loader cookie cutter. Please provide your complete mailing address for shipping.