Recipes from WorkSaver readers
Granola Bar Bites
Granola Bar Bites
Submitted by Anna McLeod, Gilbert, S.C.
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup Rice Krispies® cereal
1/2 cup to 1 cup favorite trail mix (such as dried fruits, nuts and coconut flakes)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter, if you prefer)
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
- Prepare 8x8-inch baking dish: Line with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, cereal and trail mix.
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter, coconut oil (or butter), corn syrup and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Once mixture starts to bubble, reduce heat to low and cook for two minutes.
- Remove from heat. Pour hot mixture over cereal. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Press down firmly with spatula.
- Allow to cool and then cut to preferred size (for example, 2-inch cubes).
Granola Bar Bites will keep fresh for several days in a sealed container.
Submitted by Deanna Good, Hummelstown, Pa.
3 cups flour
1¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon yeast
1½ cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, and cover with a towel. Let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place dough on well-floured surface. Shape into ball and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place a covered baking dish in oven for 30 minutes.
- Put dough in preheated pan, put cover over and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake 15 minutes.
Submit your recipe
Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share with other WorkSaver® readers? If so, submit your recipe(s) with a picture via email to WorkSaver@Bobcat.com or mail to WorkSaver magazine, 106 E 6th St., Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1951. We may publish yours in an upcoming issue.