Click here to enlarge image
Loader Radio Remote Control
Operator Training Course
The Bobcat® loader radio remote control operator training course imparts rules and practices for safe operation. It is NOT designed to license or certify operators as skilled or factory authorized operators.
The kit includes:
- Two DVDs
- Five handbooks
- Five course attendance certificates
- Administrator’s guide
After participating in the course, trainees will be able to:
- Explain why the environment of use and machine application is an important factor for safe, efficient and productive operation.
- Explain how to use the Radio Remote Control System to efficiently and safely operate a Bobcat® loader equipped with Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC) or a Bobcat All-Wheel Steer (AWS) loader.
- Discuss how operation of the Remote Control Transmitter affects loader steering, braking and overall stability.
- Explain the difference between Tipping Load and Rated Operating Capacity (ROC).
- Discuss how different ground conditions, speed and slopes can affect the stability and traction capabilities of a Bobcat® loader.
- Identify the controls on the loader and the Radio Remote Control Transmitter, Control Mode Selector / E-Stop Box and their functions
- Identify the loader’s and the Radio Remote Control System’s safety features and explain their importance.
- Explain the steps of safe entry and exit including how to open the rear window of the cab when necessary to activate the Lift Arm Bypass Control feature.
- Explain how to install the Radio Remote Control kit on the loader.
- Understand the operational differences between operating a Bobcat® SJC or AWS loader while seated inside the operator’s cab versus controlling the machine using the Radio Remote Control System.
- Understand the responsiveness of the loader’s hydrostatic drive system, and that the loader will respond to the operator's movement of the steering controls on the Radio Remote Control Transmitter.
- Know the fundamentals of safe and efficient maneuvering, traveling and working with attachments. Understand what attachments are approved for use with the Bobcat® Loader Radio Remote Control System.
- Scope and Content
- Additional Operator Training Resource materials for Bobcat® Loaders
- Explanation of Course (consists of demonstrations, videos, hands-on, and question and answer session)
- Introduce Videos
- Video Presentation: Bobcat® Skid-Steer Loader Safety Video (From DVD, P/N 6904762)
- Video Presentation: Bobcat® All-Wheel Steer (AWS) Loader Safety Video (From DVD, P/N 6904762) (if applicable)
- Video Presentation: Bobcat® Loader Radio Remote Control Operator Training Course DVD - Part One
- Safe Operation of the Bobcat® Loader Radio Remote Control System
- Jobsite preparation and machine start-up
- Group Exercise One
- Short video reviewing important safety and operation concepts
- Group Exercise Two
- Loader Walk Around
- Radio Remote Control System Walk Around
- Component Identification
- Installing the Radio Remote Control Kit
- Controls - Control Mode Selector / E-Stop Box and Transmitter
- Demonstration of Starting Loader in REMOTE mode
- Demonstration of Operating Loader in REMOTE mode
- Video Presentation: Bobcat® Loader Radio Remote Control System Operator Training Course DVD - Part Two
- Operation of the Loader with the Radio Remote Control System
- Final Group Exercise
- Demonstration on how to operate the machine in DIRECT and REMOTE mode on a simple course
- Demonstrate the course using the loader first in DIRECT and then REMOTE mode
- Trainees complete the course operating first in DIRECT then REMOTE mode
- Operation feedback
- Review/Discussion Session
- Review questions
- Attendance Acknowledgment
Get a preview of the video content in the loader radio remote control operator training course.
View an excerpt of the loader radio remote control operator training course handbook.Download PDF 98 kb
- Training and Safety
- Training and Safety Home
- Skid-Steer Loader
- All-Wheel Steer Loader
- Compact Track Loader
- Mini Track Loader
- Compact Excavator
- Compact Tractor
- Utility Vehicle
- Toolcat™ Work Machine
- Backhoe Attachment
- Forestry Cutter Attachment
- Planer Attachment
- Loader Radio Remote Control
- Formación y Seguridad
- En Español
- Operator Training Kit Flyer
- Valuable information about various operator and service training materials, safety videos, and part numbers for easy ordering from your local Bobcat dealer.
Bobcat Operator Training Kits