Emissions Standards Resources
Health and Environment Benefits for All Tiers
Tier 4 is more than just emissions. Itís about changing the world for the better. Bobcat is working hard with the entire equipment industry to do our part.
- Tier 4 standards reduce emissions from a typical non-road diesel engine by up to two-thirds.
- The EPA estimates that in 2010, NOx emissions will be reduced by about a million tons per year Ė the equivalent of taking 35 million passenger cars off the road.
- Respiratory problems and disease caused by ozone and PM will decline Ė as will acid rain, crop damage and smog.
- By 2030, the EPA estimates that 12,000 deaths, 8,900 hospitalizations and one million lost work days will be prevented.
- EPA Regulations for Non-Road Engines
- General Information on Off-Road Diesel Engines
- Diesel Fuel Standards
- Tier 4 Information from the Association of Equipment Manufacturers