(WEST FARGO, N.D. – November 2017) Doosan Bobcat North America has continued its support of educational enrichment by awarding 11 grants totaling $5,500 to Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota elementary and middle-school classrooms for projects focusing on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
This is the fourth year Doosan Bobcat has awarded “Doosan Discovery Grants” to accredited schools in communities where the company has offices or production facilities.
Schools awarded 2017 grants are:
• Breckenridge Elementary School, Breckenridge, Minnesota
• Britton-Hecla Middle School, Britton, South Dakota
• Cheney Middle School, West Fargo, North Dakota
• Centennial Elementary School, Fargo, North Dakota
• Circle of Nations School, Wahpeton, North Dakota
• Discovery Middle School, Fargo, North Dakota
• Liberty Middle School, West Fargo, North Dakota
• Light of Christ Catholic Schools, Bismarck, North Dakota
• Milnor Public School, Milnor, North Dakota
• North Sargent School, Gwinner, North Dakota
• Wachter Middle School, Bismarck, North Dakota
These selected schools and classrooms can use the grants to help with a variety of projects supporting STEM initiatives. Designing robots, coding and programming video games are just a few of the hands-on projects planned by grant recipients.
Projects will be completed during the 2017-18 academic school year and will be designed to improve, advance and enrich student learning. The one-time implementation and evaluation will allow students to directly incorporate community resources and utilize team-teaching strategies.
“Our goal at Doosan Bobcat is to help grow and support students’ STEM-related aspirations any way we can,” said Rich Goldsbury, president of Doosan Bobcat North America. “The Doosan Discovery Grant initiative offers an opportunity for us to invest in students who have the potential to positively impact the communities where we do business.”