(WEST FARGO, N.D. — May 2019) Doosan Bobcat North America employees volunteered throughout the month of May for “Doosan Days of Community Service” – a companywide volunteer effort that celebrates ongoing partnerships nationally and globally with communities where Doosan Bobcat does business.
During the national service day, employees worked on projects that included helping with various nonprofit organizations, working with local food banks, cleaning sections of highways and trails, and performing various landscaping and construction work at community recreational facilities. Approximately 400 Doosan Bobcat employees in North America volunteered in the community efforts, supporting over 36 nonprofit organizations.
In many cases, Bobcat® compact track loaders, skid-steer loaders and compact excavators, and other machines were used in the efforts, outfitted with buckets, augers and other dirt-moving and land-shaping attachments.
Specific projects completed during the Days of Community Service include the following:
• Installing fences, painting stalls and grading at TR 4 Heart & Soul in Bismarck, North Dakota
• Unloading and sorting food as well as various cleanup projects at Charism in Fargo, North Dakota
• Various landscaping activities and cleanup efforts at North Dakota Veterans Home in Lisbon, North Dakota
• Washing store-front windows in Litchfield, Minnesota
• Working on various landscaping projects and distributing food at Iredell Christian Ministries in Statesville, North Carolina
• Participating in arts and crafts as well as an outdoor activity for adults with learning disabilities at the Hi-Hope Service Center in Lawrenceville, Georgia
National projects and participation were organized by Doosan Bobcat facility locations in and around Bismarck, Gwinner, Fargo and Wahpeton, North Dakota; Suwanee, Georgia; and Statesville, North Carolina.
“At Doosan Bobcat, we’re committed to supporting the communities where we live and work,” said Stacey Breuer, director of corporate communication and public affairs. “The partnerships we’ve made with various nonprofit organizations help contribute to our company’s and the community’s success. We are proud to support them every way we can.”