Compatible with these machines
Dig holes with speed and plumb-line accuracy using a Bobcat® auger attachment. Using heavy-duty hydraulics, the auger attachment bites into any soil condition with ease and efficiency. Even in hard and rocky soil, the high torque keeps the auger steady and powerful to maintain performance.
Choose between a direct drive auger for an optimum balance between torque and RPM, or a gear-driven planetary auger for applications that require the most torque. Multiple bit types and teeth enable you to find the right auger to match your digging conditions.
The direct drive 15 offers a higher range of speed for drilling holes quicker through softer to moderate soil conditions such as sand, dry material, and light dirt so the hole being dug is cleaned out better. The direct drive 30 and the planetary drive augers offer higher amount of torque for digging into heavier ground surfaces such as rocky, coral or clay. With lower speeds to dig, Planetary augers provide the torque needed to install screw anchors and dig with bits that are over 24 inches in diameter.
Digging Depth Challenge
Sometimes you need to dig deeper to prepare a footing or sump drain, reach stable subsoil or dig below the frost line. If an auger can't dig those extra inches in the hole, it might mean cutting corners or buying an auger extension. Bobcat augers provide design and geometry that helps do the job right. See how other brands compare.
With auger attachments, torque equals power. Greater torque makes it easier to break down rock, power through tree roots or clay, and take on frozen ground. All augers have published torque ratings, but performance on the jobsite matters most. The torque challenge video evaluates the difference.
Digging Depth Challenge
How it works
Direct drive models use a directly mounted hydraulic motor, while planetary models are powered by a gear drive system. The motor turns the output shaft, which is connected to an auger bit to drill into the ground.
- Direct drive augers are ideal for digging holes for posts, piers, poles, or trees.
- Planetary augers deliver the power and force needed to dig in anchor applications and through other extreme ground conditions including rock, shale, clay and frost.
- Added Digging Depth: Gain an extra foot of dig depth over competitive units because the entire drive unit follows the bit into the hole. Watch the digging depth challenge to see how other brands compare.
- Improved Torque: Bobcat© auger attachments deliver greater torque when it matters most. All augers have published torque ratings, but performance on the jobsite matters most. The torque challenge video evaluates the difference.
- Direct Drive: Provides optimum balance between torque and RPM to be used on a variety of jobs ranging from moderate to heavy digging.
- Planetary Drive: Gear driven system provides the greatest amount of torque for extreme surfaces like breaking down rocks, powering through tree roots or clay, and taking on frozen ground. Planetary drives can also be operated with larger bits.
- Combination Hex and Round Output Shaft: A patented Bobcat technology, the combination output shaft allows for both hex and round bits to be utilized, maximizing parts versatility (models 15C and 30C).
- Versatile Mounting System: Easy and efficient for attaching the auger to the carrier. Quickly and easily switch to a variety of multiple carriers.
- Unique Knuckle Joint Design: Allows the auger to dig vertical holes even if your Bobcat unit is on uneven terrain.
- Auger Bits and Teeth: Choose from a wide variety of heavy duty and rock bits to match your digging conditions.
|Model 10 Auger||Model 15C/15H Auger||Model 30C/30H Auger||35PH||50PH|
|Operating Weight||140 lbs||215 lbs||231 lbs||284 lbs||284 lbs|
|Length||8.44 in||10.59 in||10.59 in||11.42 in||11.42|
|Width||9.18 in||10.23 in||10.23 in||11.55||11.55|
|Height||N/A||20.65 in||20.65 in||39.68 in||39.68|
|Dig Depth (without extensions)||58 in||62 in||62 in||73 in||73 in|
|Operating Weight (Less Bit)||264 lbs||406 lbs||425 lbs||452 lbs||452 lbs|
|Speed||High||Medium||Low||RPM @ 37GPM - 95||RPM @ 37 GPM - 82|
|Torque||Low||Medium||High||4162 lbf.||5272 lbf.|
Options & Accessories
- Auger Bits and Teeth: Bobcat© branded auger components have a proven reputation for durability and performance. When drilling holes, match auger bits to every soil condition for smooth and easy cut holes. Find the bits and teeth to match your soil conditions.