When your compact equipment isn’t running, you aren’t productive or profitable. Bobcat skid-steer loaders and compact track loaders are ready to work — with features and systems you can’t find anywhere else. Here are nine reasons why you can rely on Bobcat loaders to ensure most of your time is spent on the jobsite and not in a shop.
Equipment monitoring and theft protection
The optional deluxe instrument panel provides additional equipment monitoring, theft prevention and other advanced capabilities. In addition to giving you more machine uptime, this Bobcat loader option provides peace of mind.
- Keyless start security system: Lock the panel at the end of the day and use up to eight customizable security codes to unlock and start the machine. It adds protection and eliminates downtime due to lost keys.
- Attachment operation: The deluxe panel option shows operators which fingertip auxiliary controls to use for the attachment.
- Multi-language capabilities: Display machine functions, attachment information, troubleshooting messages and warnings in seven languages, including Spanish, English and French.
- Function lockouts: Lock out certain machine functions to prevent misuse or damage. For example, you may choose to lock out high-flow auxiliary hydraulics so operators don’t accidentally activate this function with a non-high-flow attachment.
- Other features: Digital time clock, resettable hour meter, attachment controls help menu and multiple password settings.
Onboard diagnostics on Bobcat compact loaders monitor more than a dozen vital machine functions. The system efficiently troubleshoots problems in the field or prevents them before they occur. Downloadable machine performance history reduces the time needed to identify potential problems.
Tougher axles and protected drive motors
The added axle strength and size of Bobcat skid-steer loaders handle the most rugged conditions. Protected seals and heat-treated axles improve durability.
Drive motors and hydraulic hoses on compact track loaders are solid-mounted within the track system. Hoses are better protected from snags, vibrations and rubbing during operation. Bobcat drive motor hoses are intentionally hidden so they’re not exposed to normal debris, such as mud and sticks that are kicked up during operation. Better protection of these hoses means more machine uptime and less chance that your machine broke down.
Superior lift arm design
Bobcat loaders’ unique, patented lift-arm design is more durable. The lift arms keep every pin at each pivot point in the same plane. In addition, the pins are supported on both sides instead of only one side (cantilever design) in other machines. As a result, Bobcat loader lift arms have less lateral deflection (side-to-side lift arm movement) and reduced load on the pins themselves. Hoses are routed through the compact loader arms and frame uprights to minimize potential snag points.
Smart engine cooling
The Bobcat loader’s smart cooling system provides quieter operation, reduced maintenance and greater durability.
- Quiet operation: The Bobcat SmartFAN senses the machine temperature and turns only as fast as needed, reducing noise levels by up to 30% over other cooling fans. The quieter operation makes it easier to communicate with co-workers outside the machine. The SmartFAN also uses less power and offers better cooling in extreme conditions without overheating.
- More efficient cooling: The exclusive Bobcat loader dual-path cooling system brings clean, cool air from above, through the engine and hydraulic coolers, mixes it with engine compartment air, then exhausts it out two side vents. The system keeps hot air away from the operator while providing efficient cooling and cleaner engine components.
- Protected cooling location: The radiator and hydraulic oil cooler are well-protected between the frame uprights. In addition, the hot radiator doesn’t interfere with the engine oil drain, oil fill, oil filter, air cleaner, battery and other routine maintenance areas. On other loaders, the radiator and oil cooler are inside the tailgate — which makes them vulnerable to damage from rebar, sticks and other debris.
- Optional reversing fan: Developed for dusty and light-material applications, the optional reversing fan gives you the ability to keep the radiator area cleaner for longer durations. In auto or manual mode, the system will reverse and remove dust and debris from the rear screen. It extends productivity and machine uptime by reducing the immediate need to clean debris by hand.
Easy loader maintenance
Bobcat compact loaders are easier and faster to service than some other loader brands. Your engine checkpoints are within reach, so regular maintenance actually gets completed and your operating costs are reduced.
Machine shutdown protection
Machine shutdown protection in Bobcat compact loaders monitors vital machine functions, such as engine coolant temperature, oil pressure and hydraulic oil temperature. If a monitored function is out of normal operating range, the system provides an audible alert and warning message. If the issue is severe, the system will shut down the machine to avoid catastrophic failure. Machine shutdown protection is standard on all Bobcat skid-steer loaders and compact track loaders.
Stronger drive chains and maintenance-free chaincase
The rugged Bobcat chaincase is the only maintenance-free option in the industry for skid-steer loaders. The drive chains (120 high strength chain or HSC) are 38% stronger to minimize the risk of breaking. While some manufacturers limit transferable horsepower to protect their smaller drive chains, Bobcat puts more horsepower in the drive chains. The exclusive fixed-axle tubes, stronger axles and fully sealed bearings save you time and money.
Vertical and radius lift-path options
With two lift-path choices, Bobcat compact loaders have you covered — whether you need more reach at full lift height or maximum reach at truck bed height.
Bobcat skid-steer loaders and compact track loaders are equipped with features and systems you can’t find anywhere else. By reviewing these features, you can stay out of the shop and spend more time on the job and less time worrying about what to do if your machine broke down.
Talk to your local Bobcat dealer to see how skid-steer loaders and compact track loaders can benefit you and your jobsite.